The Local Lens – Festivities in Full Swing
December 5, 2023 | Linda Offerdahl
It’s a big week for Northern Lights and all the festivities in Incline! Seriously, I don’t know where to start and stop, so the best thing, go to IVCBA.org and look at the Northern Lights calendar to get the details. Here are some highlights:
- Santa is at Incline Library…today! Bring food or (new) mittens, hats, etc. for their giving tree. Check out their Makers Space for making ornaments and gift tags.
- Thursday….Tahoe Gifting Co and Lisa Douglas Designs grand opening party in Christmas Tree Village!
- Bridget Giroux Designs has something every weekend, but on Friday, there’s a botanical glass ornament workshop. How cool is that!
- Sip and Shop at Raleys Center this weekend…some stores like Potlatch and Panache have multiple events in December, more chances to get good deals.
- Brunch with Santa by Tahoe Family Solutions has been a thing for at least 30 years, when my kids were little.
DECK THE HALLS LIGHTING CONTEST…the town is looking festive…please enter the contest and win prizes from local merchants!
THE REASON FOR THE SEASON…
All our faith-based members have events throughout the month, not just Hannukah (which starts tomorrow!) and Christmas services. The Christian churches have great music during the Advent season. Here’s the big picture of faith-based events in December….
- Tomorrow, Dec 7, a Christmas Dessert Holiday party at Cornerstone Church
- This weekend, St. Patrick’s has a beautiful creche (nativity scene) display.
- St. Francis is hosting TOCCATA’s Messiah(and singalong!) on Friday, December 15.
- Our newest member, the North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation typically has a Hannukah party, still waiting for the date, but UNR @ Lake Tahoe has started a Chanukah tradition with an event on December 14.
- An old-fashioned Christmas Pageant at Cornerstone on December 15th! Especially for families with young children, A Night In Bethlehem will share the Christian story in an entertaining way that still gets the message across.
Truly, there is something for everyone….my wish is that this season of giving brings out the best in all of us.
See you around town!