< Back to Community News

In the News: Incline Village High School evacuated due to gas smell, deemed unsafe

March 13, 2023 | Member Submitted

Originally published in the Tahoe Daily Tribune on 3/15/23. Written by Staff Report.

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Incline Village High School was deemed unsafe for students and staff and was closed Tuesday, authorities said.

North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office responded to the high school at about 7:45 a.m. for a report of the smell of natural gas.

Students were evacuated while fire crews attempted to locate the origin of the smell. No gas was detected inside the building, the fire district said in a news release, but high levels of gas were detected in multiple locations in the snow on the roof.

Continue Reading >

Related Blog Posts

Sign up for our weekly SnapShot newsletter