Incline Village Evacuation Exercise & Preparedness Fair
August 9, 2023 | Member Submitted
Incline Village, NV – Wednesday: August 16th, 2023 from 9:30am – 12:00pm – Washoe County Emergency Management, our first responding partners, and our community partners will be working together to test the Regional Evacuation, Shelter, and Mass Care Plan.
We will use a simulation tool to PRETEND there is a fire on the mountains west of the Second Creek neighborhood.
North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will respond their resources. Washoe County Sheriff’s Office and the CERT will knock on doors in the affected neighborhood to alert residents. Emergency Management will send an emergency alert to the neighborhood informing them of the exercise and the evacuation location, etc. Residents and the public will simulate evacuating to the Incline Village Recreation Center, where they can check in and attend a preparedness fair.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- You may receive an alert on your cell phone. If you are not registered to receive emergency alerts visit the Alerting Platform for notifications in Washoe County.
- You may see first responders and signs in the community.
- Everyone is invited to the preparedness fair at Incline Village Recreation Center, 980 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV 89451.
- Follow www.perimetermap.com for live evacuation drill updates during the exercise.
Located at the Incline Village Recreation Center, 980 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV 89451.
- Vendors from Nevada & California will be present.
Including the Red Cross, CERT, Team Rubicon, WCRAS,
Sierra Avalanche Center, Belfor, and others.
- Red Cross will check people in and provide wristbands.
- Washoe County Regional Animal Services will be offering animal micro-chipping services.
- There will be information on how to best prepare yourself and your family for an evacuation event.
For more info visit www.emergencywashoe.com/get-prepared/evacuation-drill