The Local Lens – Nevada Jane to host IVCBA BizBuz Mixer
September 7, 2022 | Linda Offerdahl
NEVADA JANE…Who? Whaaat? Gus’ Open Pit Barbecue in the Raley’s Center is getting a new brand and vibe with the name of Nevada Jane! They are hosting the first IVCBA BizBuz Mixer next Tuesday, September 13 from 5-7p.m. Come and enjoy samples of their Latin street food inspired cuisine and a specialty cocktail. IVCBA members, guests, and prospective members are invited. Todd Lowe will give an update on the City of Incline Village. This is the first business mixer since COVID. Please come out and support our business community. RSVP to Kristen@IVCBA.org.
Note: This Tahoe Eatery is the brainchild of the Tahoe Fresh Company, owned by Jonas and Nellie Saia. It is part of their restaurant conglomerate that includes Austin’s, Fumo, and Cool Mess in the Country Club Center. Learn more: Nevada Jane business profile on IVCBA’s blog.
Citizen Advisory Board (CAB) Update
Once a month, Washoe County holds meetings to update each local community on projects and relevant subjects. It is an effort to keep us connected and give us a voice. Incline Village Crystal Bay citizens can go through a simple process to become a member of the CAB. It is run by a very capable woman, Diane Becker, and a number of other dedicated, concerned citizens. They do their homework and give thoughtful, insightful feedback to the County. Can I just say how much I admire this group? Thank you, CAB members, for your service!
Last night’s CAB meeting agenda had two major items. Washoe County Manager Eric Brown was seeking feedback on the CAB process and how to improve communications, particularly on development projects with our community. The second major item was a presentation of recommendations from the County’s Washoe Tahoe Transportation Study. Not the mobility hub. Traffic lights, mixed-use trails, things that affect how walkable, bikeable, and safe our streets are. Mark your calendar for October 4 for the community summit on this subject. Learn more about the CAB.
September is proving to be just packed. Don’t kick back yet! Find all event details on our local events calendar at IVCBA.org.
- Trails and Vistas has its annual Art Hike up in Sheep Flats on Saturday and Sunday. If you don’t have tickets, you might just be able to get them, if you act fast. But they do this every year at this time. Even I can commune with nature if I have talented artists sharing their work along the way.
- There’s a new nonprofit in town, the Village Pet Foundation! Its goal is to raise funds for veterinarian care for pets in need. The Village Pet Fair is their first fundraiser, this Saturday, September 10 at Preston Field. It’s a community yard sale and lots of activities for pets and owners. Bring your dog! Or take one home from a shelter!
- TOCCATA performs its annual “Remembrance” concert ON Sunday, 9-11. It’s a great way to remember and reflect back on the attack on the Twin Towers in 2001.
- Tuesday, September 13: Republican Women’s Fun with Fashion Show luncheon at the Chateau. They do this every year under the direction of Joanellen Slocumb. Proceeds go to their scholarship fund.
SAVE THE DATE BUT SIGN UP NOW!
- Friday, September 16: Tahoe Forum presents AHA Moments with Sir Richard Branson and Guy Harvey
- Saturday, September 17: Kids and Horses event at the Crystal Bay Club
- Sunday, September 18: Golf from the Heart, the IVCH Women’s Auxiliary Golf Tournament
A handful of longtime local citizens have passed away recently. They contributed greatly to our community. They will be missed. At the risk of omitting those I don’t know of, I want to recognize: